Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs — COBIT 5 provides all of the required processes and other enablers to support business value creation through the use of IT.
- Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to-End — COBIT 5 integrates governance of enterprise IT into enterprise governance.
- Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework — COBIT 5 aligns with other relevant standards and frameworks at a high level, and can therefore serve as the overarching framework for governance and management of enterprise IT.
- Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach — COBIT 5 defines a set of enablers to support the implementation of a comprehensive governance and management system for enterprise IT
- Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management — The COBIT 5 framework makes a clear distinction between governance and management. These two disciplines encompass different types of activities, require different organizational structures and serve different purposes.
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes to:
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable lev
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
Certifications:COBiT5 Foundation Certificate from APMG Duration (days):3 Delivery Method:Instructor-Led PDUs Earned:16
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest thinking in enterprise wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework using a logical and example-driven approach for everyone interested in obtaining Foundation-level knowledge of COBIT.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required. COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what it can provide to their organization.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN COMPETENCIES IN:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBI 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for using COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
- Master COBIT 5 at a Foundation level.
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive, group-learning exercise.
- The case-study-driven learning enables the participants to apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice.
- The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation Methodology course as well as other COBIT 5 courses.
- Flexible delivery: The course is available in the traditional classroom, virtual classroom, and eLearning formats.
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the COBIT Foundation course, since it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The new case study takes this into account and builds on it by:
- Providing more business-focused challenges through situations and cases.
- Presenting a real world connect using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of participants.
- Discussing the application of COBIT with others.
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT governance domain.
- 40 minutes
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- Each question is worth 1 mark, the pass mark is 25.
- Available in English
1. Course Introduction
2. Why COBIT? IT Governance and Management Challenges
3. COBIT 5: An Introduction
Assignment 1: IT Challenges for Callwick
4. COBIT 5: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
Assignment 2: The Goals Cascade
Closure and Homework
Recap of Day One
Assignment 3: Stakeholder Concerns and IT Governance Principles
5. COBIT 5: Introduction to COBIT 5 – Enabling Processes
6. COBIT 5: the COBIT Processes
7. COBIT 5: The COBIT Process Components
Recap of Day 2 - Quiz and Questions
8. COBIT 5: Process Capability Assessments
Assignment 4 – Identifying IT processes, practices and goals
9. COBIT 5: Other Governance and Management Enablers
Exam Preparation Guidance
Revision Recap – Key COBIT 5 facts for the exam
Official APMG Exam (OPTIONAL)