PRINCE2 ®: A Process-Based Approach to Project Management
PRINCE2 FOUNDATION TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for Project Management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. PRINCE2 is a flexible method and is aimed at all types of projects.
- PRINCE2 can be applied to ANY type of project.
- It provides a common vocabulary and approach.
- It integrates easily with industry-specific models.
- The product focus clarifies — for all parties — what the project will deliver.
- PRINCE2 applies “management by exception,” providing efficient use of senior management time.
- It ensures a focus on the continuing viability of the project.
- PRINCE2 provides an explicit understanding of roles and responsibilities, so everyone can answer the question of what is expected of them and what to expect of others.
PRINCE2 ® Foundation Certificate from APMG
3 days Classroom
PRINCE2 ® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) provides common processes, management products, roles, and language for use throughout an organization’s projects. PRINCE2 is the most successful Project Management method in the world – it has become the de-facto standard in both the private and public sectors.
This course is aimed at people who work, or would like to work, on projects on a daily basis. This course is designed to provide you with that information and working-level understanding of structured Project Management, as presented in PRINCE2. At the end of this course, you will be able to use this knowledge to manage a project and pass the APMG PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
The course provides a modular and case-study-driven approach to learning PRINCE2; the core knowledge is structured into meaningful chunks of information, presented in well-rounded modules. A case study runs through the course and relates PRINCE2 to reality by presenting real-life situations and challenges Target Audience:
- Those considering adopting PRINCE2
- Project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project officers
- Consultants and contractors
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND:
- The principles of the PRINCE2 Project Management method
- How to start, control, and close projects
- How to manage quality
- How to manage risk
- How to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the specified business case
- How to tailor PRINCE2 to different project environments Course Learner Material
- Unlimited access is provided for 90 days to the PRINCE2 Foundation e-learning material via a Web browser.
- Two sample exams are included in the course, allowing you to prepare for taking on the PRINCE2 Foundation Examination.
- Copy of the classroom presentation material & practice exam.
- Optional reading material (recommended) “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2” (NOT INCLUDED with course learner material)
- This comprehensive training program does not require you to purchase any additional books or manuals; the content is sufficient to prepare for and pass the exam
- The exam is in multiple-choice format, with 75 questions per paper.
- Five questions are marked as trial and not counted in the score.
- You require 35 marks (out of 70) to pass — 50%
- Exam duration is 1 hr (+ 30 mins for non-native English candidates).
There are no formal pre-requisites, although prior knowledge to project Management basic Concepts and Terminologies is highly recommended